During the Coronavirus outbreak, we recognize that you may have questions or concerns about your alcohol monitoring experience. Please be assured that our highest priority is the safety and well-being of our clients and our team members.
We are constantly monitoring developments and following best practices from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Here are some steps we are taking – and that you can take – to help you feel confident with your Ignition Interlock program.
What Simple Interlock is Doing
We have intensified our usual emphasis on health and hygienic practices. These include:
- Washing hands thoroughly not just before and after every customer interaction, but repeatedly throughout the day.
- Thoroughly cleaning surfaces in high traffic areas several times each day, utilizing products recommended by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Requiring team members to stay home if they exhibit virus symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath) specified by the
- When you come to a Simple Interlock service center, we always offer new mouthpieces at no charge.
What You Should Do
Even in normal circumstances, there is much you can do to ensure that your device is hygienic and safe to use:
- Do not let anyone else use your IID unless absolutely necessary. If someone does use your device, replace the existing mouthpiece as quickly as possible with a new, unopened mouthpiece. Dispose of the old mouthpiece.We offer free mouthpieces at all of our service centers.
- Use only EPA-approved products to clean your mouthpiece or the external surface of your device. Click here for a comprehensive list. The cloth you use should be damp, but not wet, to avoid getting moisture into the device. Be sure to wait 15 minutes before taking a test.
It’s important to try to stop the spread of the virus while also adhering to your program. By following a few simple guidelines, you can help us keep our service centers safe and support you in meeting your legal obligation.
- If you are quarantined or are showing CDC-specified symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath), please reschedule your appointment by calling our hotline at (844) 785-7968. If you do come to a center with any of these symptoms, you will be asked to leave and call the hotline to reschedule or to make alternate arrangements.
- Our team members have been instructed to follow the CDC’s “social distancing” guidelines of at least 6 feet. For your own safety, please follow those guidelines as well during your appointment.